Notice of Expression of Interest for Provision of Consultancy Services to Undertake; evaluation of a construction Company.
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
1. The Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has allocated funds to be used for the acquisition of the consultancy services to undertake the due diligence and evaluation that shall enable the corporation to acquire equity in a big Construction Company.
2. The Entity now invites eligible consultants to submit sealed expressions of interest for Consultancy Services to Undertake; an evaluation of the company to ascertain the actual net worth of the business as well as its viability.
UDC is exploring the prospects of partnering with a construction Company (Ltd) through acquisition of equity stake in the business. In doing so, UDC is to undertake an evaluation of the company to ascertain the actual net worth of the business as well as its viability.
The specific objectives are to:
a. Conduct a transactional, evaluation and valuation advisory of the business
b. Analyze the policy, legal and regulatory framework for construction sector in Uganda
c. Conduct a detailed due diligence; Financial, commercial, tax, Human Resources, Technical, technological and Legal.
d. Conduct a detailed Investment analysis and economic viability of the business.
e. Develop a transaction modelling structure and synergy assessment
f. Deal advice, negotiation support and assistance in preparation of binding offer
g. Provide assistance in preparation of non-binding offers
h. Advisory in the Initial integration and separation planning
3. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
4. The short listing criteria will include:
a. A preliminary examination to determine the eligibility of the firms;
i) A certificate of registration issued by the Authority for bidders currently registered with the Authority or a copy of the Bidder’s Trading license or equivalent and a copy of the Bidder’s Certificate of Registration or equivalent for bidders not currently registered with the Authority;
ii) Evidence of fulfilment of obligations to pay taxes and social security contributions in Uganda where applicable
iii) have the legal capacity to enter into a contract;
iv) not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up or subject to legal proceedings for any of these circumstances;
v) Not have had your business activities suspended;
vi) have the nationality of an eligible country;
vii) not to have a conflict of interest in relation to this procurement requirement; and
viii) Not to be subject to suspension by the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority.
ix) a copy of Form 7 for the Company/firm Directors
b. The Firm’s organisational set up: Organisational structure showing key departments of the firm to perform the required services
c. Details of technical personnel clearly stating their qualifications, experience in conducting impact surveys for infrastructure programmes and their availability.Prescence of the required skills within the firm shall include but not limited to the following;
i) Financial Analyst;
ii) Civil Engineer;
iii) Mechanical Engineer;
v) Legal expert; and
vi) Land valuer.
d. Experience in the similar assignments (consultancy services) in undertaking an evaluation of businesses to ascertain the actual net worth as well as their viability to enable the client make investment decisions in Uganda or in Countries with similar conditions to Uganda. Demonstrate with evidence to have at least undertaken seven (7) similar assignments and at least 15 years working experience in financial analysis, forecasting and modelling.
e. The Consultancy Firm/Company should have a minimum turnover equivalent to seven (7) billion Uganda Shilling in the recent three (3) Financial Years (2017/2018, 2018/2019, and 2019/2020).
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications. The form of association, where applicable, should be indicated in the Expression of Interest.
6. Preference schemes shall apply when evaluating Request for Proposals from the shortlisted consultants.
7. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:00am to 5:00pm from Monday to Friday
8. Sealed Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below at or before 11:00am, 16th March 2021
Head Procurement and Disposal Unit
Uganda Development Corporation
5th Floor, Soliz House
Plot 23, Lumumba Avenue
P. O. Box 7042, Kampala, Uganda
10.The notice of expression of interest is available at the Entity’s Notice Board
11.The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
|a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest
|b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
|c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
||Within 15 working days from the expression of interest closing date.
|d. Display of shortlist
||Within 5 working days from approval of shortlist by the Contracts Committee